Here I am, yet again, doing Top 5 Wednesday on a Friday!
And since I’m too lazy to get up and go over to my books, these favourite first sentences are the ones that I remember off the top of my head.
So without further ado, I give you, 5 first sentences I really like, that were chosen because I happen to remember them.
- “Mr and Mrs Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much.” Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (Harry Potter #1) by J.K. Rowling
2. “The Friday before winter break, my mom packed me an overnight bag and a few deadly weapons, and took me to a new boarding school.” Percy Jackson and the Titan’s Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #3) by Rick Riordan
3. “I’ve been locked up for 264 days.” Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1) by Tahereh Mafi
4. “Aliens are stupid.” The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave #1) by Rick Yancey.
5. “Now that I’ve found the way to fly, which direction should I go into the night?” Matched (Matched #1) by Ally Condie
I’m going to write next weeks T5W now, so it’ll definitely actually be up on Wednesday. 🙂
I’ve also written a post for the 15 shortest books I’ve ever read, which will be posted tomorrow!